Calling all delegates!
Are you still working on your application? Not sure how to make your application stand out? Our incredible delegates team has put together a list of seven past creatives that blew the QMA team away and will hopefully inspire you to come up with your own original submission! Choosing to write an article for The Nucleus instead? Keep reading for three bonus tips on how to write an article that will secure your spot at the conference. Don’t forget that applications for QMAC 2017 are due on November 23rd!
1. Create An Instagram Page
This delegate went above and beyond by dedicating an entire Instagram account to his passion for QMAC, and highlighting the key reasons why he would be an awesome delegate. Head on over to @Ron4QMAC to see Ronald’s full creative submission!
2. Make An Original Website
Erin took creativity to a whole new level by creating a website where she answered all the questions in the application. Adding splashes of orange to her website’s theme was a nice touch! Check out Erin’s original website here!!
3. Another Website We Loved
Lyndan also turned her application into a creative website by highlighting her passion for marketing. She added her own spin to it by sharing some of her favourite marketing campaigns with us. Explore Lyndan’s website application here!
4. Take QMAC On A Date
This delegate took an entirely different approach with her creative component, and developed one of the most unique applications we have ever seen. Explore the components of a romantic first date with Janice and QMAC!
7. Try Something New!
One of the most important things to remember when preparing your application is to be as creative and unique as possible. We want to get to know YOU, so try to think outside the box. No idea is too big, so be as original as possible! If you need some more inspiration, check out this compilation of other great creatives we’ve seen in the past.
- Relevant to QMAC
- While we can’t wait to see all the crazy, unique ideas you have for creative pieces, remember that at the end of the day you’re applying to QMAC and therefore, your creative should have some connection to the conference.
- Make it a campaign for yourself
- Play to your strengths when creating the best marketing campaign strategy possible and find a way to stand out and differentiate yourself from all the other applicants
- Be yourself!
- Share who you really are, not who you think we want you to be. Why does QMAC want YOU?
- Get creative
- From songs to paintings to music videos, you really cannot go wrong with what you pick to do for your creative. We’re looking for originality and a clear passion for both marketing and QMAC within your creative piece.
If you’re writing an article for The Nucleus instead of submitting a creative component, we’ve got some advice for you too! Check out these 3 BONUS Tips for writing a Nucleus article:
Pick a topic that …
- Is current and up to date
- The Nucleus is a resource hub for all marketing students where they can stay informed about what’s going on in the marketing world. Make sure that your article reflects current trends or issues in a way that will captivate the audience.
- Is relatable to the demographic of the Nucleus
- Remember that the winner will have their article featured on QMA’s Nucleus, which is an incredible opportunity for you to have your work read by other students and industry professionals. We’re looking for your spin on a topic that is both educational and marketing related. Check out some of our latest articles here for inspiration.
- You’re passionate about
- QMAC is looking for passionate and committed individuals, and it will be very clear to us through your writing if you’re interested in writing the piece, so make sure you choose a topic that interests you. We’re super excited to read them and hope you’re just as excited to write them so have fun with it and really make it your own!